With all the things you do for other people, you deserve a break and shopping can be a good way for you to unwind. Because of that, we’ve put together a 2018 Guide to Black Friday deals for nurses.
Get tips, leaks on price cuts, and our personal picks. Expert hunting online and in stores is still highly recommended but our guide makes for a good starting point.
- Remember important dates. Here are dates you have to remember this year. Black Friday 2018 is officially on November 23, Small Business Saturday on November 24, and Cyber Monday falls on November 26. A lot of businesses like Amazon, eBay, and Morrisons start off 2 weeks early so be on the lookout for advance announcements. In fact, check out the websites of your favorite stores NOW.
- Have a list. Similar to regular shopping, if you don’t want to break the bank, you’ll have to exercise discipline and stick to a list. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a lot of unnecessary purchases simply because you got suckered into a discount. Before a purchase, ask yourself two things. Is it on your list? Do you really need it in your life?
- Act fast. If there’s something on your list that’s deeply discounted, go for it and purchase it to avoid running out of stock. Who knew shopping for deals could be such a battle of wits and lightning-fast decision-making?
- Be well-rested. If you’ve been on several 12-hour shifts or are coming from a woozy night shift, you might not have all your energy reserves intact.
- Sniff out deals on Thanksgiving Day. Find deals, promotions, and coupons on newspapers (digital and print) on Thanksgiving day.
- Know what items are best to buy and best to skip on Black Friday. Experts say Black Friday is best for purchasing Apple products, electronics, appliances, video games, and gaming system bundles. It’s not as ideal for toys, Christmas decorations, outdoor furniture and products, and winter clothing. Big sales for toys usually happen in the weeks leading up to Christmas while Christmas decorations prices drop the closer it gets to December 25. And of course, you get price drops during post-Christmas clearance sales. Also, beddings are best purchased during white sales in January while outdoor furniture receives a big price slash after summer or when Labor Day sales roll around.
- On-site or online? Decide if you’ll be visiting stores in person or shopping online. If you’re going to brick-and-mortar stores, make sure to dress like you’re going to battle. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Also Read: 25 Cutest Gifts for Nurses You’ll Also Want
Black Friday Websites to Bookmark
Here are some websites you can keep an eye on to check for ad leaks and promos:
Best Black Friday Tools and Apps You Can Use
Flipp – Download this Apple app to stay ahead of deals on your phone.
Camelcamelcamel.com – This will let you see price history on Amazon items so you’ll know whether something you like has had its price jacked up or not.
Mint – This is a personal finance app that also shines during special days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you have multiple credit cards, it can help you track each one and tag transactions. It will also help you keep a rein on your spending.
Shopsavvy – This app lets you compare prices across online retailers and other shops in your neighborhood. All you need to do is to scan the barcode on an item you are interested in.
Park Whiz – As the name implies, this is a parking app that lets you reserve parking space ahead of time. If you know that you’re going to be going into chaos, this is a handy app to have on your phone.
Black Friday Deals
The section below is a work in progress. We’re scouring good deals for you as we speak. Keep checking in as we dig for good deals!
Hosting for Actual and Would-Be Nurse Bloggers
We’ve talked about how you can earn extra income from building up a blog. The holidays, specifically Black Friday and Cyber Monday, is when hosting companies give deep discounts on plans. Keep an eye on the following sites:
We recommend this site if you’re buying domain names or even cheap but reliable hosting. They have big discounts for domain registration, hosting, and SSL.
Other vendors to watch out for are Bluehost, ASmallOrange, and HostGator.
Amazon is offering thousands of deals on electronics, toys, clothing, kitchen and more from now till December. We’ve listed a few items below but do check out the site for their lightning deals. If you’re a Prime member, you get the first crack at over 30,000 deals. (Reminder to self. Stick. To. The. List.)
See Amazon’s Black Friday deals HERE.