Are you looking for cool Halloween costumes for nurses?
The “sexy nurse” is an old and tired stereotype. You’ve probably already Googled for nurse costumes and we’ll bet that most of the results show sexy nurse costumes in different states of undress. There’s a lot more things you can dress up as though and we’re here to show you all your fun and exciting options.
We’ve curated two types of costumes for you. The first are costumes you can buy online. The second are costumes you can DIY on your own. Let’s get started!
Best Nurse Halloween Costumes You Can Buy Online
The best Halloween costumes are those that don’t compromise your comfort. That’s why this onesie costume easily comes to mind when shopping for new Halloween outfits. Made of extra soft synthetic material that provides cozy feels without limiting movement, you can celebrate Halloween with more ease. Plus, they come in different prints that are just as cute as they are wicked.
- Ultra-soft synthetic material for extra warmth and comfort
- All seams are lock stitched for extra durability
- Multiple prints/designs to choose from
- A bit pricey
- Shrinks when washed
2. Four Piece Women Hippie Costume Set
Halloween means you can wear anything you want so there’s no need to stick to horror or supernatural-themed costumes. If you’re looking for something else, one that doesn’t involve ghosts or creatures, this hippie costume might be the one you’re looking for. Equipped with a pretty-looking vest, a pair of cool sunglasses, earrings, and a headband, Halloween has never been this retro!
- Stylish and beautiful
- Can use for other occasions, not just Halloween
- Large but lightweight earrings
- Headband is kind of small
- Print on earrings on one side only
3. Ainiel Women Girls Skirt Set with Necklace
This tropical costume comes with a complete set of red crop top, a two-layered grass skirt, belt, and transparent shoulder strap to support the top. It even comes with a necklace and a flower to complete your Moana look. It’s also easily adjustable so it fits well and the fabric used is soft. Ideal for Halloween or other beach-themed events.
- Complete outfit including accessories
- Sizing available for both kids and adults
- Sizing can be tricky
- Thin grass skirt
4. HITOP Women Halloween Party Butterfly Wings Shawl
These butterfly wings come in eight radiant colors, adding attractive glow to your costume. Functioning more than wings, you can also use it as a cape or a shawl. You just need to tie the wings around your neck and you’re all set. It even has finger loops so it appears that you actually have butterfly wings. It’s made from light and soft polyester material for your comfort.
- Easy to wear
- Bright and attractive colors
- Print is only on one side
- Just an accessory on top of your costume
5. Where’s Waldo Wally Deluxe Adult or Youth Costume Set
This Classic Waldo Halloween Costume includes 1 red and white striped long-sleeved T-shirt, a beanie hat, and a pair of black-rimmed glasses. This is great if you want to have a low-key Halloween costume but still stand out at any party. The T-shirt it comes with is made of 100% polyester fabric for vibrant colors and decent quality and the accessories included are also easy on the eyes.
- Complete costume set
- T-shirt fabric is soft and fits perfectly
- T-shirt fabric is too thin
- Glasses are one size fits all
6. Leg Avenue Women’s Classic Cinderella Princess Costume
The classic Cinderella look is always a Halloween hit, which is why Leg Avenue’s Cinderella Princess costume is a top favorite. It’s a set costume so it already includes a pretty blue ball gown, a choker, and a headband to complete your princess look. The ball gown itself is a charmer with its satin appearance glitter tulle accents.
- Beautiful details
- Good-quality stitching
- Long hoop skirt for added volume is sold separately
- Gloves not included
7. Miccostumes Kimono Cosplay Costume with Bamboo
On top of the actual Kimono, this costume is equipped with several accessories so you won’t need anything else. It has a black Kimono-style jacket and a pink Kimono and accentuating your overall look is a waistband, waist strap, leggings, legging strap, and bamboo pipe. It even includes socks and a hair piece. It’s not only fabulous for Halloween parties, you can also use this ensemble for cosplays and other comic con events.
- Made of comfortable fabric
- Not cheap quality
- Wig and shoes are not included
- Bamboo mouthpiece is made of fabric
8. Rubie’s Costume Women’s Supergirl TV Show Costume Dress
Rubie’s Supergirl costume comes with a removable cape and belt. It’s made of 100% polyester for a shiny fabric appearance so the colors are even more vibrant. The striking colors give your costume a more authentic feel.
- Good quality, doesn’t look cheap
- Excellent fit
- A bit short, especially at the back
- More expensive than the other items on this list
9. Fun World Adult Scream Costume
Scream fans will love Fun World’s Scream Halloween costume. This set already includes a full hooded robe, belt, and the iconic Scream mask. The robe is made of black polyester fabric with the bottom section shredded for extra creepiness.
- Mask is comfy and flexible
- One size only but fits well
- Gloves and prop knife not included
- A hole at the back of the hood for tightening may look bothersome
10. Creepy Scarecrow Women’s Costume
The creepy scarecrow costume is a complete set consisting of a top with printed patchwork at the skirt hem, an equally creepy hat decorated with a rope tie, a rope belt, and a prop scythe. A hazy-like fringe is added for a more ominous feel. It’s comfortable to wear thanks to its lightweight material so attending Halloween parties using this costume should be breezy.
- Rope materials included look authentic but actually soft
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Rope pieces around the wrists hinder movement
- Neck piece looks weird
11. NSPSTT Victorian Dress Renaissance Costume Women Gothic Witch Dress Medieval Wedding Dress
For a glamorous Victorian look, this NSPSTT Victorian dress will have you traveling back in time just because it looks real. It’s made of lightweight cotton for a softer and more flowy feel and the stretchy texture of the dress gives your body the perfect contour. The handkerchief layer of the skirt provides a more fabulous, renaissance look.
- Elastic neckline makes it easy to wear as an off-shoulder so it doesn’t fall off
- Stretchable around the chest and waist
- Corset not included
- The top is a little see-through
12. Halloween Tunic Costume Set Cosplay Outfit for Jedi Brown with White Hooded Robe
This Jedi costume set is perfect for Star Wars fans. It comes with an inner tunic, outer tunic, tabard, standard belt, pants, and robe to accomplish the complete Jedi Knight look. It fits well thanks to its polyester material, giving you a “In A Galaxy Far, Far Away” realistic vibe.
- Great value for the price
- Costume length is just right
- Belt has small room for adjustment
- Might need a few alterations for better fitting
13. Womens Halloween Costumes Plus Size Womens Halloween Costumes Party Dress XL-4XL
Spider webs are popular Halloween decorations, so a spider party dress should be a hit Halloween costume too. Specifically designed for plus size women, the Halloween Spider Party Dress is made of spandex fabric so it’s soft and comfy with a stretchy fit. You can even pair it with black or net stockings and boots for a more stylish costume that’s sure to stand out.
- Flattering fit for curvy women
- Comfy and soft
- Dress is a bit short
- Sleeves are loose
14. Womens 1950s Pink Satin Jacket with Neck Scarfs Halloween Cosplay Costume
This stylish Grease Pink Ladies Jacket from Grease showcases a satin fabric, so that you’ll love its glossy look and soft feel on your skin. It features authentic details just like the costumes worn in the actual film. It even includes a black and white polka dots scarf for a sassier look.
- Fits well
- Soft and good quality fabric
- Zipper is a little fragile
- Sleeves may appear short
15. Disguise Womens Belle Costume, Official Disney Beauty and the Beast Costume Outfit With Bow
For a Halloween look straight out of a fairy tale, this Belle Blue Dress from Beauty and the Beast should do the trick. It already includes a dress, apron, and clip-on hair bow so you won’t need to purchase any other accessories to complete your look. The fabric is made of sheer material, making the costume breathable. There are two other layers in the dress that kind of serves as a petticoat slip.
- True to size
- Comfortable to wear
- A little pricey
- It’s not stretchable so movement may be limited
16. Rubie’s Costume Co Women’s DC Superheroes Deluxe Batgirl Cape
If you’re thinking of going as a superhero on Halloween, you definitely need an awesome cape. Enter Rubie’s premium-quality cape that is made of 100% polyester material, giving it its vibrant colors. The velcro on the neck strap makes it easy to wear and the overall fabric feels soft and smooth.
- Smooth and comfy material
- Excellent stitching
- Strap on the neck feels fragile
- Velcro may be itchy for some
17. Forum Novelties Adult Bumble Bee Costume
Bumblebee costumes fare well every Halloween, mainly because those wearing them look extra cute. Forum Novelties’ Bumblebee costume is one of the best options out there with its reasonable pricing. The costume consists of a jumpsuit and hood, plus a hat with adorable black antennas on the top.
- The costume is soft and spacious for better movement
- Cute, comfy, and durable
- Leggings and black long sleeve shirt underneath are not included
- Headband with an antenna is easier to wear than the included bonnet antenna
18. Spooktacular Creations Taco Costume Adult Deluxe Set for Halloween Dress Up Party
This taco costume makes for a hilarious Halloween costume. With its realistic design and brilliant colors, you’ll easily make yourself the life of the party. Efficient shape and structure so you can easily move around. It’s a unisex costume too, giving you a lot of bang for your buck.
- Value for money
- Realistic taco costume for some laughs
- Some creases
- Not the best quality but good for the price
19. Adult George Washington Costume
What’s great about this George Washington costume is that Halloween isn’t the only occasion you can use it for. The design appears genuine with its bright colors, as well as the add-ons included such as the vest buttons and buttons on the coat. It also comes with a cravat with hook and loop fastener in back and knicker style pants with elastic waistband. Since it can come in handy for other events and even school presentations, the George Washington costume proves to be an economical purchase.
- Complete ensemble
- Looks realistic
- Sizing is not accurate
- Thin fabrics
DIY Nurse Halloween Costumes
If you’re on a budget or just want to have fun making your own costume for Halloween, here are some amazing ideas to try. A lot of these are very easy to do, too!
1. Your Go-To Dose Of Caffeine
If you’re a nurse, you’ll recognize this Starbucks logo. For most nurses, coffee is their best friend!
2. Hot Chocolate
In case you’re not into coffee, you might find a cup of hot chocolate more interesting. Just look at how cute this costume is. It even has marshmallows!
3. Operation Board Game
Operation isn’t just an exciting game. You can also use it as a fun costume this Halloween! All you need to do is cut out images and stick them to your body. Seriously, it’s that easy.
Just watch your costume be the talk of your department.
4. Jelly Bean
If you’ve been handing out jelly beans every Nurse Week, your colleagues will surely get this costume. And if you don’t, no worries. The kids in the pedia ward will be all over you.
5. Easy Pineapple
Don’t have the time to make a decent costume? Don’t worry. With a yellow shirt, green cardboard paper, and black marker, you’ll be able to make your very own pineapple costume. You’re sure to stand out amongst all the downer zombies and mummies.
6. Rosie The Riveter
If you want to dress up as an iconic strong woman from history, try out this Rosie the Riveter costume.
7. Cupcake Barbie
On the other end of the spectrum is this Barbie costume. What would make this costume cool is if you handed out real cupcakes. Yum!
Nurses are often called angels or fairies because of how they nurse sick patients back to health. Brighten up your patients’ day with an inspiring angel costume to spread some hope around.
9. Little Mermaid
Channel your inner child with this really cute Ariel costume. The red hair and cute “mermaid tail” will surely turn heads in your party. If you have a good voice, you can even belt out some songs of the movie. Just make sure to add a decent slit to your skirt so you can still do your tasks easily.
10. Black Cat
Don’t know what to be this Halloween? Be your cat! With dark makeup, red lipstick, and dark nail polish, this costume is easy to put together. You can even wear it with your scrub suit!
Dressing up for Halloween doesn’t always have to mean going as a scary zombie or a stereotypical sexy nurse. There are many other that are colorful, imaginative, and fun. Your patients and colleagues are sure to appreciate your novel ideas.