Everyone appreciates a nice present anytime, be it big or small. Not only does it lifts up one’s spirit, but also makes him/her feel really special.
Nurses also love presents, and if you are thinking of what to put in that gift basket, here are 15 lovely ideas that every nurse will love:
1. Healthy Snacks.
One way to a nurse’s heart is through her healthy-snack-craving stomach. Include cookies and organic crisps in the basket, and your nurse friend will surely love everything in it!
Also Read: 7 Super Snacks for Night Shift Nurses
If you have all the time in the world, you can also choose to bake a few healthy cookies that you can include in your gift basket to make it more personal.
2. Foot Care Essentials.
Because they are always energetic and are expected to run around in the unit most of the time, nurses love to pamper their feet. A few bottles of foot soak and soap will definitely make them very happy. You can add some salts and scrubs, and foot blush too!
Everyone has a sweet tooth, and most nurses eat sweets whenever they get the chance to. A basket of goodies will make them feel absolutely special, and will keep them going for quite a long time!
4. Survival Kit.
Every nurse needs a survival kit, which consists of antibacterial hand sanitizers, a couple of hair ties and even heel cushions. You can even include a few pairs of socks and a lot of lovely bobby pins!
5. Exercise Essentials.
Help your nurse friend achieve a healthier body by giving her a basket filled with exercise essentials like a yoga mat and a pair of exercise gloves. You can also include DVDs and magazines to help inspire her to finally start working out if she hasn’t started yet.
6. New Nurse Goodies.
If the person you’re giving the basket to is a new nurse, then this idea would be perfect. Fill the basket with notebooks, a planner, a lanyard, some key chains and even a few colorful pens.
In photo: A gift basket made by Alyssa Johnson consisting of chocolate, coffee mug with coffee, clipboard, markers, pens, highlighters, crystal light to go drink mixes, earplugs, duct tape, aches and pain soaps and soaks, foot buffer, wrist watch, muscle rub, excedrin migraine, mini toothbrushes to go, mini hand sanitizers, etc! Add a bow or ribbon for further decorating! 😉
7. Coffee Treats.
Nurses are practically obsessed with coffee, and it will make them so happy if they would receive a basket of coffee goodies. Include a few flavors of their favorite coffee beans and some coffee-flavored dessert. Yum!
Nurses enjoy soaps. Not only will they be thrilled to see how clean their hands would be after handwashing, but also enjoy all kinds of soap smell! You can find different variants of soaps in different colors that will freshen up your gift basket.
9. Potted Flowers.
Flowers will make anyone’s day very special, and for nurses, pots of colorful flowers will ease a day’s stress and fatigue. A few pots of beautiful flowers all together in a basket will definitely put a smile on any nurse’s face!
Don’t have time to prepare a gift basket? No problem! Here are some ready-made nurse gift baskets in Amazon you might want to consider:
10. Gift Basket Village World’s Greatest Nurse Gift Basket.
11. Congratulations On Becoming A Nurse – Coffee Gift Basket.
12. Sweet Sentiments For A Nurse, A Gift Basket For Nurses.
- 6″ Ceramic Keepsake Heart -“A Nurse Has Helping Hands and A Heart That Understands”
- Spa Gift Set Featuring a -Neroli Blossom, Body Scrub, Body Lotion, Body Butter & Gel
- Bath Sponge
- Two Decorative Scented Bath Soaps
- Exfoliating Bath Gloves
- Chocolate Cream Filled Wafer Cookies
- English Chocolate Toffee
- Chocolate Cream Puffs
- Chocolaty Crunch Cookie Thins
- Pure Butter Shortbread Cookies
- White Chocolate Amaretto Creme Filled Butter Wafer Cookies
- A Gift Set Filled With Cinnamon Honey Dipping Pretzels & Chocolate S’Mores Dip
- Almond Tea Cookies
13. Gift Basket Village Prescription for A Happy Nurse Gift Basket.
- A Hardcover Nurse Journal/ Pen Set
- Chocolate Cherry Biscotti
- English Toffee Caramel
- Chocolate Cherries
- Mint Chip Maltballs
- Chocolate Nut Medley
- Toasted Almond Cookie Straws
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mudpuppies Chocolate Cookies
- Sweet Chips (Chips layered in caramel and pecans, then coated in chocolate)
- Pecan Caramel Chocolate Gourmet Popcorn
14. Gift Basket Village Nurses Are Angels Gift Basket.
15. Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets Standing Ovation Gourmet Summer Food Basket.
About the Author: Mary Elizabeth Velarmino Francisco earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from the Ateneo de Zamboanga University, Philippines. She is always happy to share her passion for writing and blogging. With coffee running through her veins, she enthusiastically battles each day, one article at a time.