Have you recently met a nursing student who really touched your heart? Or do you have a loved one studying in a nursing school whom you want to give a special gift to?
Shopping for holidays? Check out our Holiday Shopping Guide for Nurses
Fortunately, there are plenty of brilliant gift ideas around that are perfect for nursing students. It is helpful to search for these gift ideas if you want to give a memorable present to a nursing student you care about.
21 Awesome Gift Ideas for Nurses 2017
To kick start your search for the coolest and most awesome gift ideas for nursing students, here are some gift suggestions based on the recommendations of frequent shoppers in Amazon:
1. Nursing Clipboard
This clipboard is proudly manufactured by Americans who are blind. It has a smooth writing surface and its clip can hold up to half inch of pad paper. It fits most backpacks, briefcases and envelopes.
2. Pocket Organizer Kit
The front and back pockets of this organizer are great for keeping alcohol swabs, cotton balls and many more. It fits the pocket of most standard-sized scrub suits.
3. Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses [Paperback]
The book also comes with one-year free subscription to DrugGuide.com where hundreds of drug monographs can be accessed.
4. Nurse Travel Tumbler
“God found some of the strongest girls and made them Nurses.”
This pretty can hold up to 16 ounces of fluid. It comes with great reviews. It is a good quality mug that will keep your coffee warm for a few hours. Best of all, it’s the perfect gift for a nurse friend.
5. “Sock It To Me” Nurse Knee Socks
The sock has red and gray color combinations. The design features different nursing-related symbols like syringes, charts, and stethoscopes.
Related Article: 9 Best Compression Stockings for Nurses
6. Nurse Greeting Pen Set
This greeting pen is equipped with the following messages:
Your Heart & Hands Bring Healing
Gentle, Compassionate and Caring Ways
Helping Patients Through Their Hardest Days
For You, Dear Nurse, We Give Thanks – Always!
7. Heartbeat Nurse Socks
This sock is very soft and comfy to wear. It keeps feet dry as it prevents excessive sweating. The bright red thread design of the sock is just perfect for nurses.
8. I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out: True Stories of Becoming a Nurse
The book is a great read and you can even finish it in one sitting. It’s a story not only about nurses but also about life and how you can live it to the fullest.
9. Nurse Kit Chocolate Candy Mold
This plastic mold is durable and reusable. It is also FDA-approved and safe for food preparation. However, it cannot be used for molding hard candies.
10. Syringe Highlighter Pens (Assorted Colors)
This set of syringe highlighter pens is also perfect for giveaways. The highlighter pens–ideally used for examination reviews–have bright colors and can last long.
11. New Nurse’s Survival Guide
This is a perfect book for nursing students transitioning into the real nursing practice.
12. Nurse Tote Bag
This tote bag is great in packing all the essentials needed in duties. It is large enough to cater small medical equipments.
13. Prestige Medical Sprague Nurse Kit, Chocolate
The kit is great for nursing students as it includes the tools vital for clinical duties in the hospital. The stethoscope included has decent sound quality.
14. Emergency Meal Transport
The lunchbox is a head-turner in the workplace as it looks like a real human organ container. The outer cloth is durable and can be cleaned easily.
15. Prescription Coffee Mug
The mug can hold up to twelve ounce of fluid. It is dishwasher- and microwave-safe. It’s funny to use in hospitals and clinics.
16. EKG Ruler
This EKG ruler is a handy tool you can use when evaluating EKG strips. It can be attached to IDs and badge reels.
17. iPhone Case
The case is made from durable plastic outer shell with soft rubber inside skin.
Related Article: 12 Super Adorable iPhone Cases for Nurses
18. Nurse Mason Jar
This jar can be used for hot and cold drinks. It is double-walled and free from BPA. The colorful artwork engraved in the jar celebrates how noble the nursing profession is.
19. Prescription / Pill Bottle Drink Kooler
Because it is made from foam, it can keep beverages cold while keeping your hands warm and dry. It’s a great novelty gift for nurses working in hospitals and clinics.
20. Acid-Base, Fluids, & Electrolytes Pocketcard Set
The pocketcard is easy to clean with a simple wipe of a wet cloth. It can be used to quickly check vital information about acid-base balance, fluids and electrolytes while in the middle of nursing rounds.
21. Medical Math (Laminated Reference Guide, Quick Study Academic)
This 6-page guide is great for nursing students. It’s also a helpful tool for new nurses as shortcuts to computations and important reference values are laid out in this guide.
Qualities You Should Consider When Buying a Gift for A Nurse
In order to find the best gift for a nursing student, you should consider the following:
- Usefulness – First of all, you should consider how useful your gift will be. Can it be used for studies in a nursing school? Or is it helpful for daily clinical duties in the hospital?
- Relevance – It would be great to find a gift that is relevant to the nursing profession. It should be somehow related to nursing! After all, a gift honoring the nursing student’s dedication to her profession is a keepsake worth treasuring.
- Uniqueness – For a gift to be memorable, it should be unique. It should not be the usual gift item busy people buy in last-minute shopping.
- Creativity – Lastly, a person will see your effort in buying a gift if it’s outstandingly creative. You can achieve this by considering its design, color and purpose.
Further Reading On Nursing Gifts
- 7 Coolest Nursing Gifts for Any Occasion
- The 5 Must-Have Nursing Gifts for the Holidays
- 7 Fantastic Nurse Gifts for Graduation
- 13 Awesome Nursing Gifts Featuring Funniest Nursing Quotes