You don’t have to wait for Christmas or even Thanksgiving just to give your favorite nurse a special gift. Every day is an awesome opportunity to make hard-working nurses feel appreciated and loved.
To kick-start your search for the coolest and most awesome gift ideas for nurses, here are some gift suggestions based on the recommendations of frequent shoppers on Amazon:
What you’ll get: An elegant watch that comes with interchangeable straps. This in-demand piece has an asymmetric second hand and a conical shaped case. It’s a unique piece that celebrates time.
Minimalist watches, just like this one, is the best for nurses because they are always on the go. They need something that’s durable and easy to use.
2. Tumbler for Wine/Coffee
What you’ll get: This beanie works as a sleep mask. It’s designed to help nurses like you sleep comfortably in any position. Plus, with its lining, the chances of overheating are quite small. The beanie also helps block the light from reaching the eyes, allowing one to get more hours of sleep.
Interested? Check it out the Beanie Sleeper website HERE.
4. Pocket Organizer Kit
The front and back pockets of this organizer are great for keeping alcohol swabs, cotton balls and many more. It fits the pocket of most standard-sized scrub suits.
5. Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses [Paperback]
6. Nurse Travel Tumbler
“Blessed are those with caring hearts and healing hands for they shall be called NURSES.”
This pretty can hold up to 16 ounces of fluid. It comes with great reviews. It is a good quality mug that will keep your coffee warm for a few hours. Best of all, it’s the perfect gift for a nurse friend.
7. “Sock It To Me” Nurse Knee Socks
The sock has red and gray color combinations. The design features different nursing-related symbols like syringes, charts, and stethoscopes.
Related Article: 9 Best Compression Stockings for Nurses
8. Nurse Greeting Pen Set
This greeting pen is equipped with the following messages:
Your Heart & Hands Bring Healing
Gentle, Compassionate and Caring Ways
Helping Patients Through Their Hardest Days
For You, Dear Nurse, We Give Thanks – Always!
9. Heartbeat Nurse Socks
This sock is very soft and comfy to wear. It keeps feet dry as it prevents excessive sweating. The bright red thread design of the sock is just perfect for nurses.
10. I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out: True Stories of Becoming a Nurse
The book is a great read and you can even finish it in one sitting. It’s a story not only about nurses but also about life and how you can live it to the fullest.
11. Nurse Kit Chocolate Candy Mold
This plastic mold is durable and reusable. It is also FDA-approved and safe for food preparation. However, it cannot be used for molding hard candies.
12. New Nurse’s Survival Guide
This is a perfect book for nursing students transitioning into the real nursing practice.
13. Nurse Tote Bag
This tote bag is great in packing all the essentials needed in duties. It is large enough to cater to small medical pieces of equipment.
14. Coffee Mug/cup with”I’m A Nurse” What’s Your Super Power?”
If you’re planning on giving this as a gift, you won’t have to worry about wrapping it. The mug comes in a beautiful gift box.
15. Emergency Meal Transport
The lunchbox is a head-turner in the workplace as it looks like a real human organ container. The outer cloth is durable and can be cleaned easily.
16. Syringe Pens
17. Not All SuperHeroes Wear Capes Some Wear Scrubs Nurse Plaques
18. 26 Nursing Badge Reference Cards
19. Pusheen Stress Ball Keychain
20. Bandaid Badge Reel Holder
21. Acid-Base, Fluids, & Electrolytes Pocketcard Set
The pocket card is easy to clean with a simple wipe of a wet cloth. It can be used to quickly check vital information about acid-base balance, fluids, and electrolytes while in the middle of nursing rounds.
22. Medical Math (Laminated Reference Guide, Quick Study Academic)
This 6-page guide is great for nursing students. It’s also a helpful tool for new nurses as shortcuts to computations and important reference values are laid out in this guide.
23. Make a donation
If you’re still having a problem picking the right gift, then here’s something you might find interesting.
The American Red Cross has a Holiday Giving Campaign. It allows you to make a donation in honor of someone you love as an awesome holiday gift. By participating, you won’t just be making your loved one feel special, but you’ll be helping disaster victims and military members, too.
Qualities You Should Consider When Buying a Gift for A Nurse
In order to find the best gift for a nursing student, you should consider the following:
- Usefulness – First of all, you should consider how useful your gift will be. Can it be used for studies in a nursing school? Or is it helpful for daily clinical duties in the hospital?
- Relevance – It would be great to find a gift that is relevant to the nursing profession. It should be somehow related to nursing! After all, a gift honoring the nursing student’s dedication to her profession is a keepsake worth treasuring.
- Uniqueness – For a gift to be memorable, it should be unique. It should not be the usual gift item busy people buy in last-minute shopping.
- Creativity – Lastly, a person will see your effort in buying a gift if it’s outstandingly creative. You can achieve this by considering its design, color, and purpose.
Further Reading On Nursing Gifts
- 7 Coolest Nursing Gifts for Any Occasion
- The 5 Must-Have Nursing Gifts for the Holidays
- 7 Fantastic Nurse Gifts for Graduation
- 13 Awesome Nursing Gifts Featuring Funniest Nursing Quotes