Are you gearing up for the Nursing Week?
National Nurses Week is a week-long celebration intended to recognize the tireless efforts of nurses to educate and provide essential health care services to the public.
If you know someone who is a nurse, this is the best time to look for some creative Nursing gift ideas. And if you are a nurse, you know that this busy event is filled with seminars, dinners, community events, and a host of funny “Happy Nurses Week” quotes flooding your social media accounts.
Related Article: 5 Fun Things To Do For Nurses Week
But before things get a lot busier, here are some fun facts and quotes about the National Nurses Week:
5 Fun Facts About the National Nurses Week
- The National Nurses Week starts on May 6th (or the National Nurses Day) and ends on May 12th which is the birth date of Florence Nightingale.
- In the 1950’s, National Nurses Week was first observed from October 11 – 16.
- It was President Nixon who proclaimed a “National Nurse Week” in 1974.
- The idea of making May 6th as the “National Recognition Day for Nurses” was first proposed by a group of nurses from Mexico. The proposal was signed by President Ronald Reagan and was later expanded into a week-long celebration (May 6-12) by the American Nurses Association’s Board of Directors in 1990.
- The International Nurses Day is celebrated every May 12th of each year.
5 Funny Nursing Quotes for the Nursing Week